Life in Mt. Pulaski and surrounding Logan County is a life lived at a slower pace. It is where days start early and friendships are long-lasting. It is a community centered around its history, schools, churches, charitable organizations, and civic events. It is a community made of farmers, commuters, and those working hard every day to make this special place home.
Life in the City of Mt. Pulaski can include a trip to The Dairy Bar for some ice cream or a stop at Farmer's Family Restaurant for a home-style meal. There's no such thing as being a stranger at The Old Brickyard or PizzaMan. Grab a bite to go at Casey's Carry-Out Pizza/sandwiches or Subway. It is a place where familiar faces and friends make you feel like you are home.
Much activity around town is attributed to the sports, music, and arts programs at Mt. Pulaski High School and the Mt. Pulaski Elementary School.
Mt. Pulaski is an active volunteer community with a busy slate of community events. These include:
- Easter Egg Hunt and Roll – Dates vary for this annual celebration with egg hunts for a variety of age categories ranging from toddlers to 4th and 5th graders. It is sponsored by the Hill Top Club and is held at the Vonderlieth Living Center.
- Memorial Day Services - Services take place each Memorial Day morning at Veteran's Memorial bluff in the Mt. Pulaski Cemetery on the north side of town. Services include an honor guard flag, a rifle salute, a remembrance reading of names of the local deceased veterans, music, and orators.
- Vinegar Hill Market Days – This summer event is held monthly on the second Friday, May through September, on the town square. People gather to enjoy a variety of local craft and food vendors, live music, children's activities, plus much more.
- 4th of July Celebration – This long-time tradition includes town-wide garage sales, food and beverages, a band concert and fireworks at dusk at Frazier Park.
- Mt. Pulaski Fall Festival – Each September, Mt. Pulaski residents welcome the fall season with pageantry, a parade, a kiddie tractor pull, car show, bounce houses, concerts, a petting zoo and more.
- Lighting of the Community Christmas Tree - Join the Hilltop Club and bring an ornament to hang on the community Christmas tree. This event is the first weekend in December.
- Christmas Parade and Santa Claus is Coming to Town Event – Watch the lighted Christmas Parade as it travels around the town square. Each year, Santa Clause arrives at the end of the parade in a firetruck and heads to the Courthouse for pictures and refreshments with children of all ages. This event takes place on a Saturday in early December.
- Christmas on Vinegar Hill – Mt. Pulaski businesses, organizations, schools, and residents celebrate the holidays by selling delicious foods, candies, holiday items, gifts, and decorations. This is a perfect opportunity to kick off the holiday shopping season.
Our central location makes us the perfect choice to live and an excellent getaway for visitors!