P. O. Box 33 
Mt. Pulaski, IL 62548 


"Christmas on Vinegar Hill” is held annually the Saturday before Thanksgiving.  



History of “Vinegar Hill”

Prior to the repeal of the eighteenth amendment (prohibition) in 1933,  Mt. Pulaski stayed “wet” longer than the surrounding “dry” towns.  Since Mt. Pulaski had thirteen prosperous saloons and a few bootleggers, the railroads brought customers into town from every direction.  They would come with empty flasks and leave with full ones.  Upon nearing town, the conductor would call out “Vinegar Hill next stop”.  Thus, the town earned the nickname, “Vinegar Hill”.



Vendor List and Map Numbers

To view the brochure, click here

To view the vendor list, and map numbers, click here